OSL Daily Update - July 30, 2020
$BTC 24 Hour High $11,340.40
$BTC 24 Hour Low $10,856.14
Total digital asset market cap increased 1.8% to 332B from yesterday. Equity markets took a page from the digital asset playbook to return to positive movement (US benchmarks up around 1.35%) showing largely green indicators across the equities heat map. The notable exception and a reversal from the start of the week being healthcare, with pharmaceutical manufacturers in the red.
Digital assets market:
$BTC climbed up 1.2% to 11,340 during the American trading session, currently range bound between 10,970 and 11,340. Physical traded volume down 26% to 25.7B; $BTC futures volume dropped ~33% to 20B with aggregated open interest around 5B. $BTC currently up 17.3% YTD and 19% MoM. Currently targeting 11,500 on the next move up, with 10k as its support.
- Bakkt Bitcoin futures saw a 3.25x jump in OI and volumes over the past couple days, up from 40M volumes to 130M and 140M yesterday.
- CME futures on the other hand seeing their volumes drop slightly yesterday compared to Tuesdays activity, dropping from 1.3B to 1.1B.
- Volatility with increased activity overnight saw 46M liquidations (28m Long + 17.8m Short) over its ~370 traded range.
- $BTC dominance up 0.4% to 62.8%
- Cardano Shelley hard fork is live with no interruptions to blockchain, now offering staking services. With this update $ADA must now introduce governance features, custom tokens, and applications. Prices began to downtrend at 5:44 HKT upon release, dropping 5% from 0.145 to 0.138.
- $XRP up another 5.3% but unable to break resistance levels at 0.25. With most top coins seeing significant price action during the current bull run, $XRP would be ranked 6th out of the top 10 when looking at the 7D growth %.
Most DeFI coins the red as $BTC and $ETH maintain their foothold on the current bull market; DeFi market cap maintaining at 7B, representing 2% of total market share.
- AAVE ($LEND) outlines new swap process for its new token towards decentralised control and government
- $LINK downtrending 4 out of the 5 days, now trading at the bottom range of Bollinger bands and neutral RSI levels at 7.08, next tested support level at 6.5.
- $XTZ down 3% to 2.77 (-9% off rolling 7 day averages)
OSL Trader View and Weekend Digest are contributed by Stefan Chu, SJ Oh, and Santiago Nazaretti
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.