OSL Daily Update - September 14, 2020
$BTC 24 Hour High $10,580
$BTC 24 Hour Low $10,218
Overall digital asset market cap opened the week at 318B after a bit of volatility during the weekend with DeFi tokens seeing the most volatile movements.
- $BTC seen to be range bound between 10,300 and 10,500 for the past 10 days, currently oversold RSI levels and trading at 10d SMA expectations and $BTC dominance at 55.5%
- Seeing its first daily red bar in over 4 days after rallying from 10K support levels early last week.
- $BTC futures showing 3.8B in OI, trading volatility leads to 15m long and 13.2m short contracts liquidated over the past 24 hours
- $ETH dropping -4.7% overnight to 363 after reaching weekly highs of 388 on Saturday. Trading at oversold RSI levels and +1% 10d SMA expectations
Alts and DeFi watch:
- Binance smart chain joins the action with the new BurgerSwap that mimics the interface of the popular Uniswap
- $BNB breaking 30 levels after climbing up 6 days straight on the lead up to the BurgerSwap announcement. Still 23% away from its ATH at $40 on May 2019
- $DOT down to low 5 levels after a strong weekend performance pushed +27% from 4.32 -> 5.48. Trading at slightly overbought RSI levels and 7% above 10d SMA
- DeFi sector seeing TVL at 8.33B, representing 4.4% of total global digital asset market cap with $LINK holding 30.6% dominance in the space
- $YFI climbs to new ATH at 44000 or 0.25 YFIBTC levels briefly during the weekend before a DeFi profit taking saw the market corrects down to 36000 with the rest of the defi sector
- $LINK falling below 12 levels with a trade range of 11.50 <> 14 as its unable to breakthrough resistance of 13.50 yesterday
- $LEND still topping charts as the lending platform of choice with 1.5b TVL, its token trading down from 0.774 to 0.663 during this Sunday evening profit taking action
- DeFi sensation SUSHI token undergoes new payout structure as block rewards reduce from 1000 to 100 SUSHI. The community is starting to shift towards tokens with new DeFi fork platforms such as Swerve, Cream.finance and Solarite just to name a few.
News that caught our eye:
- Ticino Blockchain Technology Association launched with the University of Southern Switzerland and Bitcoin.com and Swiss Blockchain Consortium to support companies with academic research
- Binance boss, CZ, wants to see more Ethereum-based projects on his platform and sees the move not as competitive but complementary. More choice for developers which should result in cheaper gas.
- Oracle reportedly wins the Tik Tok race after Microsoft’s bid was rejected by ByteDance
OSL Trader View and Weekend Digest are contributed by Stefan Chu, SJ Oh, and Santiago Nazaretti
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.