OSL Daily Update - April 14, 2021
$BTC 24 Hour High $63,847
$BTC 24 Hour Low $59,799
$BTC +5.77% in past 24 hours
The market is setting up for meaningful volatility, as $BTC makes a new all-time high of $64,774 and industry pioneer Coinbase gears up for its Nasdaq debut tomorrow., with a current reference price of $250 (implying a $41 billion valuation). FTX’s pre-IPO Coinbase contract (CBSEUSD) gives a very different picture, demonstrating high levels of enthusiasm from the more speculative side of the market - the contract is trading above $600, suggesting a valuation north of $100 billion.
Other news for the day includes blockchain giant Consensys raising more than $65 million from J.P. Morgan. Last year, Consensys acquired JPM’s blockchain unit, Quorum so it’s interesting to see this relationship flourishing.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC up 1.24% on the day, support/resistance - $61,200/$65,000
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $485M, 0.056% average
- $ETH up 0.42% on the day, support/resistance - $2,200/$2,500
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $102M, 0.102% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $54.64B
- Tether total market capitalization reaches $45 billion
- $LINK just 4.5% away from new all-time highs
- $RUNE makes new all-time high of $14.29, more than 10% above its previous ATH set 4 days ago
- $EOS up almost 5% within 20 minutes of the trading day
More news that caught our eye:
- NVIDIA estimates $150m in revenue for Q1 2022 for new crypto mining product
- Asia’s neobank Matrixport now holds over $10 billion in digital assets
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.