OSL Daily Update - April 15, 2021
$BTC 24 Hour High $63,847
$BTC 24 Hour Low $59,799
$BTC +5.77% in past 24 hours
As expected and mentioned in yesterday’s note, Bitcoin action was intense. After setting a new all-time high of 68,495, $BTC crashed almost 5% within a minute on Bitstamp, showing how fickle the market was around those levels, seemingly jittery with where the Coinbase listing would land. The crypto market as a whole suffered $1.85 billion in liquidations in the past 24 hours, indicating many traders were overly levered. As for the Coinbase listing, there was a lot of speculation around when it would start trading given the hype that had sustained through the opening bell. It finally listed around 1:30PM EST, at a price of $382, indicating a $100+ billion valuation - making Coinbase the most valuable exchange in the world. The news has taken the world by storm, and at the time of writing OSL’s CEO, Wayne Trench was speaking live on CNA (Channel News Asia) in Singapore about the historic debut. The segment can be found in the dynamic live-stream, here.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC up 1.24% on the day, support/resistance - $63,000/$65,000
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $617M, 0.037% average
- $ETH is looking completely decorrelated from $BTC. It sets a new all-time high of $2,449 while $BTC is consolidating. It’s up 0.42% on the day, support/resistance - $2,350/$2,500
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $136M, 0.084% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $57.62B
- $BAL up almost 27% since previous day
- $ATOM up 27% since previous day
More news that caught our eye:
- Tether minted $2 billion on the Tron network
- Goldman Sachs CEO talks Bitcoin on earnings call
- More than $600 million worth of $BTC from the Bitfinex hack was moved
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.