OSL Daily Update - April 21, 2021
$BTC 24 Hour High $57,711
$BTC 24 Hour Low $53,430
$BTC -0.2% in past 24 hours
Quarter 1 earnings season kicked off last week with the US banks reporting. Markets are in a holding pattern with no significant announcements due this week. With stimulus still clearly on the horizon, there were still concerns over the persistence of COVID with Credit Suisse reporting drops in yields following the WHO’s assessment of the pandemic. Digital assets also wait with bated breath for indications of the next move. $BTC was quiet, however $ETH took the spotlight, rising more than 17% since it’s weekend crash. The DeFi powerhouse is among the few coins that have either recovered nicely or kept their ground during the most recent market drop. The launch of Ether backed ETFs in Canada were also watched closely. ETHX.B was one of the three that debuted on the Toronto Stock Exchange, opening at C$10.27 and closing the day at C$10.81 (gain of 5.26%).
Digital assets market:
- $BTC down 1.87% on the day, support/resistance - $54,100/$57,550
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $296M, 0.078% average
- $ETH is down 2.93% on the day, support/resistance - $2,025/$2,400
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $98M, 0.024% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $56.8B
- $CELO gets investment from Deutsche Telekom
- $RUNE, $MKR hold their ground as the market drops, have not broken lows
More news that caught our eye:
- Three Canadian Ethereum ETFs being trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Tuesday
- Galaxy Digital to acquire crypto custodian BitGo
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.