OSL Daily Update - April 30, 2021
$BTC 24 Hour High $55,226
$BTC 24 Hour Low $52,369
$BTC -3.50% in past 24 hours
$BTC slowly eased towards the $52,000 level, down ~8% since the upward trend yesterday. Price action has been constricted, coupled with reduced volatility, which should come as no surprise following the large crunch experienced last week. With many participants now sitting on the sidelines or licking liquidation wounds, expect lively price action will remain subdued. That said, it is worth noting that there is a huge options expiry taking place today at 16:00 HKT, where around $3.6 billion worth of $BTC options and $845 million worth of $ETH options will expire. $ETH looks to be in the most interesting spot for this expiry, as it’s currently around all-time highs, and is looking like it could use a small boost to the upside to keep the momentum going.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC down 0.33% on the day, support/resistance - $53,000/$56,300
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $182M, 0.007% average
- $ETH is down 0.53% on the day, support/resistance - $2,685/$3,000
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $49M, 0.008% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $76.91 billion
- $DOT up almost 10% since early morning
- $EOS marking up almost 6% instantly since daily open
- $DASH up 4.5% since daily open
More news that caught our eye:
- Paxos raises $300 million
- Ecommerce giant JD .com pays employees with digital Yuan
- Crypto custodian Finoa raises $22 million
- Visa hints at payment giants coming into crypto with conviction
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world's largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL's relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.