- Fireside chats from Visa’s Maaike Steinebach, CME Group’s Tim McCourt, Digital Asset ETF pioneer and Hashdex CEO Marcelo Sampaio and Standard Chartered’s Global Head of Digital Assets Vinoy Kumar
- Sessions to be held on digital asset fund set up, ESG, derivatives and NFTs
Singapore – 29 September 2021 – OSL,, Asia’s leading digital asset prime broker and member of BC Technology Group (stock code: 863 HK), today announced the final lineup of its second Digital Asset Capital Introduction conference. OSL provides a full suite of capital introduction services through its prime brokerage business unit which connects allocators of capital with avenues to invest in digital asset markets.
The conference will be held from 07:30 – 13:00 SGT on 5 October 2021 (19:30 – 01:00 EST on 4-5 October) and will feature senior representatives from CME Group, Visa, Standard Chartered Bank, Nasdaq, Morgan Creek Capital Management, Grayscale Investments, VanEck, Hashdex, Sidley Austin and a range of market-leading digital asset fund managers and capital allocators.
”In the six months since our last capital introduction event, we have seen tremendous growth in institutional adoption of digital assets,” said OSL CEO Wayne Trench. “In line with this growth is a steady stream of new and innovative products, such as ETFs, NFTs and other DeFi protocols that are making the space more exciting than ever. With our capital introduction conference, we will provide insights and opportunities for investors to gain access to this rapidly expanding sector.”
The OSL Digital Asset Capital Introduction Conference II connects institutional and professional investors to leading managers, infrastructure providers and other industry leaders to discuss the various ways and means to invest in digital assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum and security tokens (i.e. STOs).
The virtual conference, which consists of a number of keynotes and interactive panels, will feature opening remarks from OSL CEO Wayne Trench and VanEck Digital Asset Strategy Director Gabor Gurbacks; fireside chats from Visa Hong Kong and Macau General Manager Maaike Steinebach; Tim McCourt, CME Group Managing Director and Global Head of Equity Index and Alternative Investment Products; and Hashdex CEO Marcelo Sampaio.
Steinbach will discuss Visa’s forward thinking approach to the rapidly growing NFT space as well as her company’s purchase of the Cyberpunks NTF in August of this year.
At the conference, industry experts from traditional finance and digital assets will a discuss a variety of topics, including:
- ETF Evolution: Why has Brazil Been so Successful? With Hashdex CEO Marcelo Sampaio
- The ETF Revolution: Past Present and Future with Grayscale Investments’ Global Head of ETFs David Lavalle and Nasdaq’s Global Head of Index & Advisor Solutions Sean Wasserman
- ESG and Digital Assets with AllInfra CEO Bill Kentrup
- Fundraising for 2022 with Morgan Creek Capital Management Founder, CEO, CIO and Managing Partner of Morgan Creek Digital Assets Mark Yusko
- Here for Good – A Dialogue with Vinoy Kumar, Global Head of Digital Assets at Standard Chartered Bank
- Institutional Adoption of Derivatives with Tim McCourt, CME Group Global Head of Equity Index and Alternative Investment Products
- Visa’s Innovative NFT Investment hosted by Visa Hong Kong and Macau GM Maaike Steinebach
- Considerations for Setting up a Digital Asset Fund with Token Bay Capital Founder and Managing Partner Lucy Gazmararian
“In addition to our deep roster of speakers, we’ve invited a broad range of digital asset fund managers to deliver three minute elevator pitches on their funds,” said OSL’s Head of Distribution and Prime Matt Long. “Conference participants will have the opportunity to meet the managers in breakout sessions and hear more about their investment strategies and views on digital asset markets.”
“The demand for digital assets, including regulated crypto derivatives such as CME’s Bitcoin futures and options, Ether futures and recently launched Micro Bitcoin futures, continues to accelerate among institutional traders,” said Tim McCourt, CME Group Global Head of Equity Index and Alternative Investment Products. “Events like these provide an important platform to bring together product providers, as well as engage with institutional participants across Asia. As the crypto ecosystem continues to evolve, we look forward to this and other opportunities to engage with and educate market participants on crypto derivatives.”
“In Brazil we’ve seen interest in digital assets increase at an exponential rate since the listing of our ETF,” said Hashdex CEO Marcelo Sampaio. “Investors across the country and with different portfolio allocations appreciate the opportunity brought forth by these new and innovative products and we’re thrilled to bring our unique insights to OSL’s industry leading capital introduction conference.”
The event speaker lineup also includes:
- Bitfarms Chief Mining Officer Ben Gagnon
- Chancery Hill Chief Investment Officer Darren Chu
- CSOP Asset Management Managing Director and Head of Business Development Melody He
- Easy Crypto CEO Janine Grainger
- Hashdex Partner & Chief of Growth Roberta Antunes
- MaiCapital Managing Partner Marco Lim
- MainNet Capital CEO Ray Li
- Novum Alpha CEO & General Counsel Patrick Tan
- Pilgrim Partners Asia Portfolio Manager Charles Tan
- QR Asset Management Partner & Portfolio Manager Theodoro Fleury
- Sidney Austin Partner Joy Lam
- Trovio Group CEO Jon Deane
For a full rundown of the conference, including registration details and as speaker profiles, please visit the registration page at this link.
About OSL and BC Technology Group
Backed by Asia’s leading public fintech and digital asset company, BC Technology Group (stock code: HK 863), OSL is the region’s most comprehensive licensed digital asset platform.
OSL is the world’s first and only insured and SFC-licensed digital asset platform, providing prime brokerage, custody, exchange and SaaS services for institutional clients and professional investors.
The company offers OTC, iRFQ and electronic trading services giving traders access to the world’s deepest liquidity pools, as well as secure and insured wallets to ensure the safekeeping of digital assets with timely transaction settlement.
BC Group and the OSL platform are enabling institutional adoption of the digital asset class, setting the global standard for performance, security and compliance.
OSL’s vision is to lead the regulated, institutional evolution of the digital asset market. Accordingly, the OSL platform provides institutional-grade financial services directly to professional counterparties for digital asset brokerage, automated trading (i.e. exchange), and custody. For more information: bc.group and osl.com.