$BTC 24 Hour High $45,920
$BTC 24 Hour Low $44,510
$BTC -0.2% past 24 hours; -2.0% past 7 days
Stuck in no man’s land
Good morning. The current prices are in a little bit of no man’s land. $BTC is still trading above the support line but will it continue to hold, $ETH is likely to stay where it is, while Alts may continue to catch up.
$BTC is still testing the upward trending support line. 44K is still a critical short-term support level that we need to see hold for a continued move higher. The 200d MA is now acting as resistance, but if both fail, $BTC is likely to move down to 42.5K and continue to move lower instead of reversing higher at this level. We could see a quick drop into the high 30s and close any leveraged long positions. 38K would be the lowest that we expect the price to go, as 38K is the last higher low on the daily chart that needs to hold for an immediate, sustained move higher. We might see some sideways movements should it fail to hold.
It’s important to keep an eye on the macro picture. Historically, the next few months in BTC’s halving cycle have been explosive. Should history repeat, it would be time to ensure levels are topped up accordingly. Thus be ready to take advantage of any extreme move higher over the next six months.
$ETH dropped through the resistance level at 3160 and broke the minor trending support line. $ETH is currently testing 3000. If this level fails to hold, we may see a retest at around 2850. Prices may go back up, with the previous support now flipping to resistance.
Speaking of ETH, Microsoft is looking to leverage the ETH blockchain to combat digital piracy. The software giant’s new incentive system, Argus, would enable the backtracking of the pirated content to the source using a corresponding watermark algorithm. This tool provides a trustless system, which enables piracy whistleblowers to remain anonymous while still operating transparently.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $1.99T, +1.1% from yesterday
- $BTC is down 0.6% at time of writing, support / resistance – 43,730 / 48,190
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $96.96M, 0.0057% average
- $ETH is down 1.0% at time of writing, support / resistance – 2,830 / 3,530
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $58.71M, 0.0208% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $79.88B
- $SOL up 17.23% in the last 24 hours, up ~73.48% in the past week
- $UNI down 0.51% in the last 24 hours, down ~10.95% in the past week
- $LINK down 0.92% in the last 24 hours, down ~2.38% in the past week
- $ICP up 7.41% in the last 24 hours, down ~12.40% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- OSL aims to acquire more than 50% of crypto transactions in Mexico (in Spanish)
- World’s most traded crypto ETPs, from ETC Group, to list on the Vienna Stock Exchange
- Avalanche Rush to give out more than $180M in DeFi incentives
- Quant, Arweave and Avalanche soar while BTC searches for support
- Digital payment ecosystem MobileCoin raises $66M
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu & Stefan von Haenisch.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.