$BTC 24 Hour High $39,979
$BTC 24 Hour Low $37,703
$BTC +2.0% past 24 hours; -1.7% past 7 days
Good morning. There was some surprising price action overnight as $ETH blasted through the previous local high of $2,645, and it tested $2,750 before pulling back somewhat throughout the morning. We’ll likely see a re-test of the previous resistance level at $2,600-$2,650. Our view of a possible pull back to $2,350 is also very much still in play.
$BTC also rallied but it seems like it was a passenger in the $ETH hype that has been building. It rallied far less, struggled to break $40K, and is also coming back down this morning. In the short term, it looks like $BTC has found support and resistance in Fib retracement levels defined by April 14 high and the June 22 low. A test of $36K (and this level holding) should still occur to help validate that the market is beginning a new upward trend.
The world’s largest digital currency manager, Grayscale Investments, has hired David LaValle to spearhead its ETF division. Grayscale’s move towards converting its Trust into an ETF is no secret so this latest hire is part of the planned conversion. Hailing from Alerian, LaValle will be in charge of converting the $25B GBTC into an ETF. One of the first matters at hand would be to convince the SEC to approve what would be the US’s first BTC ETF.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $1.68T, +4.0% from yesterday
- $BTC is down 1.2% at time of writing, support / resistance – 37,719 / 40,236
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $96.12M, 0.0128% average
- $ETH is down 1.7% at time of writing, support / resistance – 2,644/ 2,857
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $126.86M, 0.0171% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $70.95B
- $TRX up 5.97% in the last 24 hours, up ~14.02% in the past week
- $AAVE up 10.76 in the last 24 hours, up ~16.06% in the past week
- $XMR up 7.77% in the last 24 hours, up ~5.52% in the past week
- $HT up 2.28% in the last 24 hours, down ~3.03% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Cryptocurrency companies can now run Google ads again as new policy goes into effect
- French fund manager Melanion Capital to launch first EU-regulated BTC tracker
- Victory Capital launches Crypto Index Fund for US accredited investors
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu & Stefan von Haenisch.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.