$BTC 24 Hour High $58,930
$BTC 24 Hour Low $56,640
$BTC -0.7% past 24 hours; +2.6% past 7 days
$ETH inches higher to test ATH
Good morning. $ETH’s recovery was essentially unstoppable, with now on a fourth straight day of gains. It’s marching towards $4,870, the ATH reached 20 days ago. $BTC continues to trade sideways and is searching for that much-needed buying boost to break the key resistance area.
$BTC is still holding the 100D MA and trading within a rising-wedge structure. The on-balance volume (OBV), a momentum indicator that uses volume flow to predict price changes, is useful to study $BTC’s next move. A breakdown of this indicator would mean that trading volumes are much larger on $BTC’s red days, suggesting a flight of capital from the asset. OBV has increased since June, and we would like it to continue trending higher. Expect sideways trading to continue the next two weeks as prices are squeezed into an area between support and resistance. On the off chance that $BTC slips to the 52-53K zone, it serves as a prime buying opportunity.
$ETH continued to rally above $4,600 and smashed through various resistance levels effortlessly. We’re starting to see the building of a solid run, similar to the one we drew out last week. If $ETH continues to chart higher, the next resistance level will be its ATH at $4,858, followed by the psychologically important levels at $5,000 and $5,500. However, $ETH may face some resistance at the top of the 2021 trading corridor and is also where $ETH’s logarithmic growth curve passes through. Long-term holders may see $4,650, $4,440 and $4,200 as their potential entry points.
After Osprey Funds launched a Solana trust product two months ago, rival crypto asset manager Grayscale followed suit. For now, only accredited investors can access the product via private placement and this product offers them exposure to $SOL, the native token used on the Solana blockchain. Touted as an $ETH killer, $SOL has been in high demand, with prices skyrocketing from $50 to over $200 in recent weeks. Grayscale’s Solana Trust is the firm’s 16th investment product offering coming after $BTC, $ETH, $LINK, $MANA, $FIL and other thematic funds.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.78T, +1.3% from yesterday
- $BTC is +0.02% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $137.97M, +0.00973% average
- $ETH is +1.58% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $99.17M, +0.00997% average
- Stablecoins Market Dominance: USDT 48.81%; USDC 25.33%; BUSD 8.80%; DAI 5.79%
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $110.85B
- $SOL +2.7% in the last 24 hours, -5.0% in the past week
- $SHIB +8.0% in the last 24 hours, +14.7% in the past week
- $SAND -6.0% in the last 24 hours, +25.8% in the past week
- $ENJ -2.4% in the last 24 hours, -7.8% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Crypto tax delay is a chance for South Korea to fix loopholes, experts say
- UAE issues first NFT stamps in the Middle East
- Grayscale tells SEC ‘no basis’ to approve Bitcoin futures ETFs and not spot ETFs
- Number of $BTC addresses smashes ATHs as $BTC attempts bull market recovery
- $BTC still hasn’t seen big ‘Crescendo’ bull market top, crypto veteran Bobby Le says
- Floki Inu to be promoted on Burj Khalifa
OSL Trader View is contributed by Stefan von Haenisch & Ethan Fu.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.