$BTC 24 Hour High $49,500
$BTC 24 Hour Low $46,500
$BTC +1.0% past 24 hours; -4.9% past 7 days
$BTC attempts to flip the downtrend
Good morning. Market fear has started to recede as the Crypto Fear & Greed Index finally rose to 29 today – leaving the “Extreme Fear” territory we were in over the past seven days.
$BTC held support at the $46K level and attempted to reverse the short-term downward trend. If $BTC successfully breaks the resistance at $50K, $52K will be our immediate upside target, midway through the 20% sell-off earlier this month. If the bulls continue their buying momentum, $54K will be the next key resistance, the 111D MA and the convergent point of the downward and upward trendlines. While the annualized funding rates are fairly stable throughout the week (-3% to 3%), RSI suggests that $BTC is ramping up to break the downward trendline.
$ETH flirted with the critical level at $4,000 – it is not only a psychological level but also the convergent point of both downward and upward trendlines. With a combination of market indecisiveness and a neutral RSI at 40 since early December, $ETH can move either way, as mentioned last week. Expect aggressive moves once volatility returns. The annualized funding rates currently stand at -1.6% to -2.6%. To confirm a short-term upside trend towards the $4,230-$4,400 area, $ETH needs to defend the bears and firmly hold above the $4,000 area. If $ETH fails to hold, $3,700 will be the first immediate support with the 0.618 Fibonacci retracement level from November’s ATH to June-low.
Coinciding with the “meteoric rise” of NFTs, the “Sotheby’s Metaverse” platform launched in October not only created new revenue streams but also widened the centuries-old auction house’s customer base – more than 50% of NFT bidders were under 40, and 78% of bidders were new to Sotheby’s. The consolidated sales of the world’s largest art brokerage for 2021 reached $7.3B, with the sales of NFT achieving over $100M. A single CryptoPunk was auctioned off for $11.8M and a single Bored Ape for $3.4M at the Sotheby’s Metaverse launch.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.3T, +2.3% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.23% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $83.05M, +0.00706% average
- $ETH is -0.03% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $65.37M, +0.00776% average
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 48.27%; USDC 25.89%; BUSD 8.58%; DAI 5.51%
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $98.3B
- $SOL +10.7% in the last 24 hours, -6.40% in the past week
- $SHIB -0.5% in the last 24 hours, -8.5% in the past week
- $SAND +9.0% in the last 24 hours, -5.8% in the past week
- $ENJ +5.6% in the last 24 hours, -14.2% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Swiss SEBA Bank launches gold-backed digital token
- Jack Dorsey names board members of his BTC endowment with Jay-Z
- Unreleased Whitney Houston NFT track sells for just short of $1M
- Analysts expect $BTC trend change after Fed lays out its 2022 roadmap
- Markets rally after FOMC meeting, but BTC bears still have a short-term advantage
OSL Trader View is contributed by Charmaine Tam, Stefan von Haenisch & Ethan Fu.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.