$BTC 24 Hour High $19,541 / Low $18,368 | $BTC +5.0% Past 24 hours; -1.7% Past 7 days
Crypto markets broke the high correlation with equity markets as Ethereum led the rebound from the previous selloff. Coinbase secured regulatory approval in the Netherlands. FTX is in talks of another round of fundraising for 1b USD.
Equities, Commodities & Macro
US markets slid lower and Asia markets set to wrap the week in the red too, continuing the sixth consecutive week of closing lower. The Japanese government finally intervened to support the Yen for the first time since 1998. Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan are in a race of opening up the borders, concerning that a further delay in resuming to the post-Covid normality will have a long, lingering impact to the economy in the long term.
Digital Assets Market
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $984B, +4.7% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.36% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 36.90M, 0.01476%
- $ETH is +0.16% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 34.32M, 0.01122%
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 44.93%; USDC 32.98%; BUSD 13.56%; DAI 4.27%
Alts and DeFi watch
- DeFi TVL: $55.08B (+0.09% over last 24 hours)
- $SOL +5.4% in the last 24 hours, -1.9% in the past week
- $SHIB -4.2% in the last 24 hours, -7.0% in the past week
- $ADA +3.8% in the last 24 hours, -1.6% in the past week
- $ENJ +6.2% in the last 24 hours, -0.9% in the past week
More news that caught our eye
- Cardano Blockchain Moves Forward With Vasil Upgrade
- Korean crypto bank partners with Blockdaemon to offer retail staking services
- Alameda Research, Jump Crypto Lead $37M Funding for 3Commas Automated Crypto Trading Platform
- Uniswap Foundation Launches First Wave of Grants Totaling $1.8M
- Nintendo, PlayStation, & Xbox Get New Competitor as Zilliqa Prepares to Launch Web3 Gaming Console
OSL Trader View is contributed by Hans-Stefan von Haenisch, Ethan Fu, Tiffany Wee, Melvin Gallu, Keith Hwam & Kevin Lee.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.