$BTC 24 Hour High $44,524 / Low $42,267 | $BTC +5.0% Past 24 hours; +13.5% Past 7 days
Bullish price action continues; market health returns
Good morning. The market sentiment has become more upbeat as $BTC stabilized above $43,000. According to the Crypto Greed & Fear Index, the market sentiment has shifted from the “Fear/Extreme Fear” to the “Neutral” for the first time in 6 weeks.
As $BTC reached $44,500 overnight, we don’t need to worry about forming a possible five-leg down structure that we discussed yesterday. A price slide towards $30K is relatively unlikely at this stage, although not entirely impossible. Instead, it seems like this uptrend move signals the start of a new impulse higher towards our upside target of $53,500 before we see a potential pullback. $BTC’s price movement over the last week seems to be a bull-trap – if it breaks the key support at $40,000, we could see a sharp move down to $36,000. Support is forming at $41,765 and at $39,700, which can provide decent top-up opportunities for the bulls to add to their longs.
The Fibonacci retracement levels drawn between January 13 and 24 clearly show the support and resistance levels that $ETH has followed on its most recent impulse. While the No. 2 digital asset is encountering resistance at the 0.786 level, we anticipate a slight move lower to $3,050. The downward-trending resistance line should be tested as support and act as a springboard for the trend reversal to complete once prices hit $3,415. Once we break this level, our first real impulse target would be around $4,190. But before we get too ahead of ourselves, let’s wait to see what happens at $3,415. Entry levels for longs could be along this resistance line or around the 0.618 Fibonacci retracement level at $2,940.
According to an SEC filing yesterday, Tesla currently holds close to $2 billion worth of BTC at the end of 2021. The electric car maker invested close to $1.5 billion in BTC during Q1 2021, and crystallized a profit of $128 million in March to show that the world’s largest digital asset by market capital had sufficient liquidity. However, with the recent plunge in prices, Tesla had to record a $101 million impairment loss with the slide in prices.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.1T, +3.7% from yesterday
- $BTC is +1.3% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $94.42M, +0.00679% average
- $ETH is -0.3% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $46.89M, +0.00422% average
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 44.09%; USDC 29.01%; BUSD 9.49%; TerraUSD 6.36%; DAI 5.35%
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $222.16B (+1.98% over last 24h)
- $SOL +3.2% in the last 24 hours, +16.7% in the past week
- $SHIB +16.9% in the last 24 hours, +48.3% in the past week
- $SAND +0.5% in the last 24 hours, +13.1% in the past week
- $ENJ +1.0% in the last 24 hours, +9.30% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Japan’s largest bank to float yen-pegged stablecoin for trading securities
- Russia to introduce strategies for crypto regulation by February 11
- Canadian Trucker protest bypasses fundraising restrictions with BTC
- KPMG Canada adds BTC, ETH to corporate balance sheet
- Valkyrie Bitcoin miners ETF approved for Nasdaq listing
- Group of crypto DAOs considers taking over SUSHI in latest DeFi twist
- Crypto firms launch coalition to promote market integrity
- First Café in Australia to let you use your hot wallet to buy It
OSL Trader View is contributed by Stefan von Haenisch & Ethan Fu.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.