$BTC 24 Hour High $65,913
$BTC 24 Hour Low $64,459
$BTC -0.6% past 24 hours; +5.6% past 7 days
Towards the next leg up after transitory dip
Good morning and happy Friday. Both $BTC and $ETH continue to trade sideways in a very tight price range following the “necessary retreat” on Wednesday. If $BTC fails to hold at 64K, it’s likely to revisit 60K, or even retreat towards 54K. Should the trend reverse, bulls have their eyes on 67K as $BTC’s first real critical resistance level.
The trading channel since October is still holding strong for $ETH, with support at $4,650. If the price action of the last few weeks repeats, a slight pullback could be imminent before perhaps heading towards $5,000. Like $BTC, $ETH’s funding rates are fairly flat now, with all major exchanges showing no more than 0.01%. Should a rally occur, it is likely to be driven by spot purchases in the physical market rather than leverage.
Interesting news emanating from Indonesia as religious leaders from the National Ulema Council (MUI) declared a crypto ban citing Shariya law. Nevertheless, the Chairman of MUI’s Fatwa commission clarified that digital assets could be traded as a commodity if it obeys Shariah law and demonstrates a “clear benefit”.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.99T, +1.6% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.6% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $26.63M, +0.01359% average
- $ETH is +1.9% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $12.92M, +0.00751% average
- Stablecoins Market Cap: USDT 52.91%; USDC 24.43%; BUSD 9.58%; DAI 4.61%
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $113.06B
- $SOL -0.8% in the last 24 hours, -6.2% in the past week
- $SHIB +10.1% in the last 24 hours, +11.2% in the past week
- $SAND +7.4% in the last 24 hours, -9.2% in the past week
- $ENJ +5.4% in the last 24 hours, +1.5% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- ETH whale ‘Gimli’ accumulates additional 31B SHIB tokens
- 5 cryptocurrencies that will beat ETH
- Ascending channel pattern and ETH options data back traders’ $5K ETH target
- Why Robinhood, Blockchain.com ‘can’t just go out and list SHIB tomorrow’
- Russia bails out Kazakhstan as Chinese BTC miners suck power grid dry
OSL Trader View is contributed by Stefan von Haenisch & Ethan Fu.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.