$BTC 24 Hour High $62,508
$BTC 24 Hour Low $59,824
$BTC -0.5% past 24 hours; -3.4% past 7 days
Altcoins continue to pump and attract liquidity
Good morning. While various niche altcoins continue to pump and attract liquidity, $BTC and $ETH are likely to continue trading sideways until there is a disinterest in smaller altcoins.
$BTC has traded in a downward-trending channel, which we broke out of at the end of last week. Since then, we have seen a range-bound price action between 60K-62.5K. We see $BTC’s price consolidation above 60K as a good sign, creating a good fundamental basis for it to move higher. With high funding rates, there is a continued risk of a slight pullback.
While $ETH is trading sideways, its funding rates are dropping nicely, resetting the market and preparing for the next move higher. Similar to $BTC, $ETH’s trading volumes fell slightly due to growing interest in smaller altcoins. For $ETH to climb higher, we need to break into the upward-trending trading corridor in place since the beginning of October. $ETH is finding support at $4,200, the area where the previous ATH daily close was.
CoinShares’ latest report detailed how institutions are shifting the way they allocate capital to cryptocurrencies. The influx of capital was brought about through the listing of BTC futures ETFs in the U.S. has now petered out. An increase in flows into $ETH and $SOL after three weeks of consecutive outflows is also revealed. $ETH saw $16.6M in inflows whereas $SOL witnessed $14.7M, compared to $8M in inflows last week.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.77T, +0.8% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.1% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $58.14M, +0.0058% average
- $ETH is +0.2% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: $32.06M, +0.0079% average
- Stablecoins Market Cap: USDT 52.71%; USDC 24.60%; BUSD 10.14%; DAI 4.80%
Digital assets market:
- DeFi TVL: $101.46B
- $DOT +17.1% in the last 24 hours, +12.4% in the past week
- $LINK +5.4% in the last 24 hours, -2.7% in the past week
- $THETA +2.1% in the last 24 hours, +8.0% in the past week
- $MANA +6.1% in the last 24 hours, +277.4% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Analyst says $ETH is ‘massively undervalued,’ despite recent ATH
- DOT soars 15% to new ATH in anticipation for parachain auctions
- Avalanche launches $200M fund to support ecosystem growth
- NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers will accept part of $22M salary in $BTC Nearly $38,000,000,0000 in BTC have left crypto exchanges since February 2020
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu & Stefan von Haenisch.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.