$BTC 24 Hour High $56,716
$BTC 24 Hour Low $54,302
$BTC -0.7% past 24 hours; +13.7% past 7 days
Investors switching from altcoins to $BTC
Good morning. Despite repeated attempts to push higher over the weekend, $BTC continued to move in only a slightly upward-trending channel while consolidating over the past five days.
We could see a pullback that wipes out existing leverage before $BTC moves higher towards the target monthly close at $58,812. Will it break $57,122 to the upside as the market anticipates? Its RSI is almost at an overbought level at 70, but in a place that’s not entirely unusual during a bull market. $52,000 is the first critical resistance to the downside, should the trend reverse.
$ETH is no different as it repeatedly tried to chart higher but failed over the last few days. It is moving lower to find support from the 0.618 Fib retracement level at $3,359 from the May-high and June-low. This is a critical support level, as the 50D MA also finds itself at this level. It’s worth noting that $ETH’s RSI and funding rates are also lower than $BTC’s, suggesting that less leverage has been used. ETH’s losing momentum could be due to investors switching altcoins into $BTC. To the downside, we should find support at $3,000, however, this means another 15% drop in prices — it’s unlikely although it’s not entirely impossible.
In the upcoming weeks, the U.S. SEC is set to give their verdict on whether to approve, delay or reject as many as four BTC futures ETFs by the end of the month. Approving these ETF applications, including ProShares, Invesco, VanEck and Valkyrie, would be a big win for the $6.7T U.S. ETF industry and the crypto industry as a whole. It’s particularly encouraging for some with applications pending for eight years. An ETF advisor commented that it would be disingenuous for Regulators to encourage filings only to then disapprove them.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.36T, -2.4% from yesterday
- $BTC is up 0.2% at time of writing, support / resistance – 51,067 / 57,123
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $57.17M, +0.0150% average
- $ETH is down 0.6% at time of writing, support / resistance – 3,334 / 3,624
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $37.51M, +0.0003% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $74.63B
- $SOL down 5.3% in the last 24 hours, down 14.4% in the past week
- $DOT down 3.2% in the last 24 hours, up 7.5% in the past week
- $MATIC down6.4% in the last 24 hours, down 5.9% in the past week
- $AXS down 4.7% in the last 24 hours, down 12.0% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- New York & Texas gaining popularity among mining firms following China crackdown
- Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary reveals he holds more crypto than gold
- Can Cardano and its ‘tree plan’ revive its price and performance
- From fashion to charity, BTC adoption blossoms
- El Salvador’s president tweets plan to use BTC profits to build an animal hospital
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu & Stefan von Haenisch.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.