$BTC 24 Hour High $57,860
$BTC 24 Hour Low $55,004
$BTC 3.4% past 24 hours; +15.4% past 7 days
Rotation from alts into BTC continues
Good morning. $BTC fought to push through the critical resistance level at 57K — a touch over 10% away from the all-time high. With flat funding rates or even negative rates at times, suggesting little leverage has been used, and its rally resulted from physical spot purchases. In short, the good news is the bull run is reasonably intact.
$BTC’s monthly close is above the monthly close target of March 2021 at 58.8K. This is highly important as it would be the highest ever monthly close for $BTC. Though RSI shows $BTC is currently at the overbought level at 70, $BTC has spent months above this level, especially during the bull run phases, which could be sustainable. On the upside, we would like to see this price level of 57K hold. But should $BTC fail to hold, we might see a retest of the 54.5K market in the middle of the trading corridor that we have traded since mid-October.
At present, $ETH is failing to hold at $3,500, with range-bound trading between $3,680 and $3,360. The 50D MA and the 0.618 Fib retracement level (May-high, June-Low) is acting as short-term support since the beginning of October. $ETH could continue to move sideways until investors stop rotating from alts into Bitcoin. Until $BTC runs out of steam, we expect to see the rotation reverse and benefit $ETH and other alts.
On a separate note, crypto assets risk management provider Elliptic secured a Series C funding round of $60M for business expansion and R&D advancement. The funding round was led by Evolution Equity Partners, along with a new investment from technology investment giant SoftBank Vision’s Fund 2. Previous raises were $5M in Series A (2016) and $28M in Series B (2019-2020). Elliptic will use the funds to expand globally with a specific focus on the U.S market. It works with TRADFI with a suite of investigative and compliance tools for monitoring transactions involving digital currencies.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.4T, +2.2% from yesterday
- $BTC is down 0.9% at time of writing, support / resistance – 52,956 / 61,227
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $69.83M, +0.0044% average
- $ETH is down 0.7% at time of writing, support / resistance – 3,337 / 3,731
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $28.42M, +0.0011% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $90.33B
- $DOGE down 1.8% in the last 24 hours, down 6.1% in the past week
- $UNI down 1.7% in the last 24 hours, down 5.5% in the past week
- $TRX down 2.7% in the last 24 hours, up 2.0% in the past week
- $FTT down 0.4% in the last 24 hours, down 3.7% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
- Elliptic raises $60M to advance crypto analysis service
- Bakkt crypto exchange partners with Google for payments
- SHIB outranks LINK and takes place in top 15 crypto assets
- Crypto use surges in Afghanistan amid Taliban takeover
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu & Stefan von Haenisch.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.