$BTC 24 Hour High $37,918
$BTC 24 Hour Low $34,183
$BTC +2.48% past 24 hours
Monday finally wrapped up for $BTC, trading within a 10.84% range from low to high, a rather fluid day as it dipped from the start then made its way up towards the $38,000 level on a rather smooth trajectory. $ETH saw heightened volatility as the low to high range virtually doubled that of $BTC. Liquidations on derivatives exchanges confirm this volatility, as they’re the highest they’ve been for a few days.
In a rare event we saw possible negative news not having much of an impact on markets, it was reported that local Indian banks told clients to avoid dealing with cryptocurrencies or their bank accounts could be compromised. Surprisingly, the threats took no toll on the market (a first in a while). The Central Bank of India shut down the announcement within 2 hours, ordering local banks to stop as the warnings were from last year. The circular being cited by the local lenders was from 2020, and no longer valid. Hopefully other regions don’t make this mistake going forward, and the market stays relatively calm like it did today.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC is down 0.90% on the day, support/resistance – $35,200/38,700
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $142M, 0.013% average
- $ETH is down 2.56% on the day, support/resistance – $2,385/$2,740
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $120M, 0.01% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $66.4 billion
- Total crypto market capitalization down $27 billion on the day
- $BAND surged over 40% in the last 24 hours, tapering slightly in Asian hours
- $XRP up almost 25% in the last 24 hours
More news that caught our eye:
- 0x launches DEX liquidity API on Polygon
- Bybit has been warned by Japan Financial Services Agency about it offering unregistered services to Japanese investors
- BitMEX and Human Rights Foundation provide $150K grant to Bitcoin scaling researcher
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.