$BTC 24 Hour High $40,583
$BTC 24 Hour Low $38,137
$BTC -3.6% past 24 hours; +3% past 7 days
$BTC saw some peculiar price action intra-day, during a 15 minute window, price action was both rapid and constant up and down. Some call it a shakeout, as it definitely teased further movements, which never came to fruition. Floor consolidation, cited yesterday, did not hold as $BTC slid ~6% over the course of the day, however it seemed to mark a bottom as today’s trading commenced in Asia. Currently $BTC is nestled in the $38Ks.
Key policy developments continued in Central America, with Panama planning to follow El Salvador’s lead by proposing a bill to make crypto legal tender to be tabled in coming weeks. Congressman Gabriel Silva mentioned that if Panama really wants to become a tech hub, they should support cryptocurrencies. Lets see what Congressman Silva can come up with in such a short amount of time.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $1.65T, 4.1% decrease from yesterday
- $BTC is up +0.89% at time of writing, support/resistance – $33,324/$40,448
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $221.5M, -0.0146%% average
- $ETH is up +1.70% at time of writing, support/resistance – $2,252/$2,893
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $100.85M, -0.0119%% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $59.95 billion
- BitDAO launches after $230M raise
- $KNC rises more than 18% since its daily low today
- $ATOM immediately up 6% in the first few minutes of the trading day
- $XRP holding support, possible mark up underway
More news that caught our eye:
- South Korean exchanges halt trading some cryptos due to regulatory pressure
- NYDIG files for new Morgan Stanley-focused BTC fund
- Major Latin American marketplace to accept Bitcoin payments for real estate
- Crypto exchange Huobi has reportedly stopped letting new users trade derivatives
OSL Trader View is contributed by Emilia Lee, Ethan Fu and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.