$BTC 24 Hour High $60,100
$BTC 24 Hour Low $56,260
$BTC -4.10% since daily open
We start the day with more from Fed Chair, Jerome Powell, whose closing remarks to a payments conference in Switzerland left little to the imagination on the importance of digital assets. Private and public sector involvement to ensure faster, cheaper, more transparent, and a more inclusive financial system through digitalization is paramount. He added, “The Covid crisis has brought into even sharper focus the need to address the limitations of our current arrangements for cross-border payments.” Touching on the rise of CBDCs he mentioned their need to coexist alongside cash, among many types of money, in a flexible and innovative payment system.
At the same time $BTC spiked 4.5% during early US trading hours, only to retrace its steps with similar speed, falling 6.38% since the 24 hour high.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC down 2.15% on the day, support/resistance – $57,000/$58,800
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $431.7M, 0.0115% average
- $ETH down 2.21% on the day, support/resistance – $1,750/$1,880
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $47.13M, 0.030% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $44.19B
- $BAL up 13.7% on the day, making new all time highs, as it rose to almost $70 amidst crypto majors consolidation/dips.
- $THETA set a new all time high at $8.75, up more than 7% on the day.
- $ADA crashed more than 19% after Coinbase Pro enabled $ADA trading for the first time ever
More news that caught our eye:
- French Firm Launches Euro Stablecoin
- Crypto. com becomes a principal member of the Visa network
- A16z invests in NFT platform OpenSea
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.