$BTC 24 Hour High $40,900
$BTC 24 Hour Low $37,327
$BTC -3.20% past 24 hours
Bitcoin raced out of the gates at the opening yesterday only to erase those early gains (~7%) as the day wore on, falling towards the $35,700 level. With no market-moving news today and a disappointing lack of follow through on the break of local highs, $BTC has been kept on a relatively tight range, under its resistance.
Although the mid-week is looking rather lackluster, Friday holds a couple of relevant market events to be on the lookout for:
- Deribit options expiry – where almost $2 billion in notional is set to expire, with $50,000 being the max pain price; and
- Arbitrum, Off Chain Labs scaling solution for Ethereum, is set to launch this Friday. The solution will help Ethereum’s throughput and lower its gas fees immensely.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC is down 3.39% on the day, support/resistance – $35,300/40,800
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $148M, -0.01% average
- $ETH is down 6.31% on the day, support/resistance – $2,560/$3,000
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $129M, -0.023% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $63.69 billion
- Arbitrum, an Ethereum scaler to launch this Friday
- $TRB peaked 50% during the day
- $SUSHI down 12% on the day
- $IOTA down 11% on the day
More news that caught our eye:
- Paypal to let users send Bitcoin off Paypal
- Indonesian crypto exchange Pintu raises $6 million, led by Pantera, Coinbase
- Fidelity’s Bitcoin fund has raised more than $100 million
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.