$BTC 24 Hour High $40,440
$BTC 24 Hour Low $37,191
$BTC -2.71% past 24 hours
Another dull day for the market, an almost identical repeat of yesterday – up after daily open, then a retrace by daily close, with the only difference being a slightly less aggressive retrace today. Derivative exchange liquidations were very low coupled with the upcoming large options expiration (mentioned in yesterday’s note) may point to the calm before the storm.
In today’s news, we have further evidence of some regulatory progress – the SEC has now started a review of both the Bitcoin ETF applications from financial giants Skybridge and Fidelity. These two are now in the queue alongside VanEck’s and Kryptoin’s ETF applications. It is worth noting, the SEC has 45 days to make a decision on these applications, with the ability to extend to 245 days if required.
Another headline being the SEC’s Garry Gensler, who reinforced his previous opinion on crypto exchanges and consumer protection during a hearing May 26th. He stated that working on these exchange regulations may help to remove them from being in the regulatory gray area. Genlser further stated this will require working with congress, and a possibly larger SEC budget – presently only about 16% of the SEC’s budget is allocated towards new technology.
Digital assets market:
- $BTC is down 0.85% on the day, support/resistance – $35,000/40,800
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $158M, 0.005% average
- $ETH is down 1.25% on the day, support/resistance – $2,520/$3,000
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $85M, 0.016% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $65.19 billion
- $KAVA, $THETA up 18% on the day
- Total crypto market capitalization dropped around $108 dollars today
More news that caught our eye:
- Investor Carl Icahn mentions he may get into crypto “in a big way”
- Small crypto exchanges struggling in South Korea
- Report shows Bitcoin is right at the average cost of investors acquiring BTC in the past 12 months
OSL Trader View is contributed by Santiago Nazaretti and Jose Reyes
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.