$BTC 24 Hour High $19,950 / Low $18,150 | $BTC -2.6% Past 24 hours; -9.0% Past 7 days
Overall crypto markets were down alongside equity markets immediately after the rate decision. Ethereum underperformed again, effectively erasing all outperformance against Bitcoin in the last 2 months leading up to the merge. The US House proposes a two-year ban on algorithmic stablecoins. Kraken’s CEO Jesse Powell stepped down to focus on other products of the firm.
Equities, Commodities & Macro
US markets closed lower with Asia markets looking to follow. Fed Chair hinted at an additional 100bps to 125bps rate hike for the rest of the year. US dollar index hits 20year high.
Digital Assets Market
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $935B, -2.8% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.41% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 145.99M, 0.01476%
- $ETH is -0.30% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 92.05M, 0.01122%
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 44.92%; USDC 33.02%; BUSD 13.57%; DAI 4.24%
Alts and DeFi watch
- DeFi TVL: $52.59B (-0.33% over last 24 hours)
- $SOL -3.2% in the last 24 hours, -9.9% in the past week
- $SHIB -2.4% in the last 24 hours,-14.9% in the past week
- $ADA -3.8% in the last 24 hours, -9.1% in the past week
- $ENJ -4.9% in the last 24 hours, -10.3% in the past week
More news that caught our eye
- Nasdaq Joins BlackRock as TradFi Defies the Bear Market and Embraces Crypto
- Cardano’s Vasil Hardfork Launches Tomorrow
- Brazil’s ‘Bitcoin Pharaoh’ Ordered to Reimburse Conned Investors With $3.7B
- Iran to begin ‘crypto rial’ CBDC trial despite possible lack of infrastructure
- Coinbase Cloud to lure developers with ‘free’ infrastructure platform called Node
OSL Trader View is contributed by Hans-Stefan von Haenisch, Ethan Fu, Tiffany Wee, Melvin Gallu, Keith Hwam & Kevin Lee.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.