$BTC 24 Hour High $47,450
$BTC 24 Hour Low $43,670
$BTC -0.1% past 24 hours; -14.1% past 7 days
Walmart’s partnership with LTC debunked
Good morning. $LTC lost its gains last night after Walmart dismissed their alleged partnership with Litecoin as fake news.
Meanwhile, $BTC went down to 43.5K as it spent more time testing the 44K support area. For $BTC, various supports are being tested on the way down, and it seems only too fitting that 42.5K is tested. The worst-case scenario at the moment would be the 111-d MA; will it go further down?
However, $BTC’s 50-d and 200-d MA are about to cross, giving us the ‘Golden Cross’ (see the chart). Will we see a massive price boost as some speculators are punting on? If you look at historical data, these boosts generally won’t immediately come through, and the cross has indeed also been followed by moves lower, so let’s see how it pans out this time.
$ETH was relatively unaffected by the Walmart rumour, with prices hardly changed over the past 24 hours. We see $3,200 as short-term support, followed closely by $3,000 as the next critical support level. On a separate note, ETH expiries weighted less aggressively to the bulls, with Call/Put ratio coming in at 1.59 only. At current levels, most of these calls are expiring worthless. If prices don’t change, slightly more puts are in the money. But we are still 1.5 weeks away, so don’t take your eyes off it just yet.
Learn more from today’s Trader View video.
Digital assets market:
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $2.15T, -2.5% from yesterday
- $BTC is up 0.4% at time of writing, support / resistance – 43,910 / 47,370
- $BTC liquidations and funding: $207M, 0.0127% average
- $ETH is up 0.2% at time of writing, support / resistance – 3,020 / 3,510
- $ETH liquidations and funding: $125M, 0.0093% average
Alts and DeFi watch:
- DeFi TVL: $85.85B
- $LTC up 0.5% in the last 24 hours, down ~18.2% in the past week
- $NEO down 0.1% in the last 24 hours, down ~22.4% in the past week
- $RVN down 1.6% in the last 24 hours, down ~20.5% in the past week
- $SNX up 19.1% in the last 24 hours, down ~7.1% in the past week
More news that caught our eye:
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.