$BTC 24 Hour High $19,238.31 / Low $18,965.88 | $BTC +0.5 Past 24 hours; -5.1% Past 7 days
Crypto markets moved only slightly higher in the otherwise least volatile month of the space in recent history. Solana-based DeFi platform Mango was hacked for $112mil. SEC rejected WisdomTree’s Latest Spot Bitcoin ETF Proposal.
Macro, Equities & Commodities
US markets were not able to escape the downward trend, closed the 6th consecutive day in the red and fell to the lowest level in nearly two years. All eyes on the US CPI number later this evening. Pound moved higher amid Bank of England buying in the gilt market, yet the bank has reiterated they will stop the emergency support this Friday. Yen moved to a fresh two-decade low as they vowed to keep the rates low.
Digital Assets Market
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $961 Billion, -0.1% from yesterday
- $BTC is +0.33% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates:5.80M, +0.00174%
- $ETH is +0.92% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 6.34M, +0.13854%
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 46.02%; USDC 30.88%; BUSD 14.55%; DAI 4.17%
Alts and DeFi watch
- DeFi TVL: $53.66B (-0.01% over last 24 hours)
- $SOL +0.8% in the last 24 hours, -8.6% in the past week
- $SHIB -0.7% in the last 24 hours, -10.9% in the past week
- $ADA -2.7% in the last 24 hours, -11.5% in the past week
- $ENJ +0.0% in the last 24 hours, -5.6% in the past week
More news that caught our eye
- Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro will accept crypto-payments for property taxes
- Canadian Self-Regulatory Agency Approves First Crypto-Native Investment Dealer
- Treasury Sued by Coin Center Over Tornado Cash Ban
- Hive Blockchain says GPU mining revenues plunged in September
- XRP Eyes Monster Rally As Judge Approves Two Firms To Step In
OSL Trader View is contributed by Hans-Stefan von Haenisch, Ethan Fu, Tiffany Wee, Melvin Gallu, Keith Hwam & Kevin Lee.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.