$BTC 24 Hour High $19,770 / Low $18,560 | $BTC +1.9% Past 24 hours; +5.1% Past 7 days
Relatively uneventful markets overnight. USDC announces plans to launch on Polkadot , Aritrum One, NEAR and Optimism, while BUSD has also recently expanded to Polygon and Avalanche. Over 4bil worth of options expiring this Friday at the quarterly end.
Equities, Commodities & Macro
Asia markets may benefit from BoE interventions to the UK bond markets, after S&P surged 2% overnight. The short term boost to the market may soon be challenged by long term concerns of global recession. Gold and oil picked up overnight as well from the recent lows. In about 2 weeks, China’s 20th Party Congress will set tones for the country’s long term strategic plan, but also more importantly a decision to President Xi’s unprecedented 3rd term and hopefully relaxation of Covid measures soon after.
Digital Assets Market
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $982B, +0.9% from yesterday
- $BTC is +0.43% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 43.1M, 0.00378%
- $ETH is +0.01% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 41.73M, -0.00461%
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 45.15%; USDC 32.50%; BUSD 13.98%; DAI 4.26%
Alts and DeFi watch
- DeFi TVL: $54.94B (0.00% over last 24 hours)
- $SOL +1.4% in the last 24 hours, +8.2% in the past week
- $SHIB -1.3% in the last 24 hours, +7.0% in the past week
- $ADA -1.3% in the last 24 hours, -1.0% in the past week
- $ENJ -0.2% in the last 24 hours, +1.3% in the past week
More news that caught our eye
- Chainlink Is Building a Token Infrastructure for SWIFT
- Jack Dorsey’s TBD Teams Up With Circle to Take US Dollar Stablecoin Savings and Remittances Global
- Crypto Lender Nexo Acquires Stake in US Chartered Bank
- NFT trading volume plunges 98% from January despite rise in adoption
- Brazil’s securities regulator asks Mercado Bitcoin to clarify token information
OSL Trader View is contributed by Hans-Stefan von Haenisch, Ethan Fu, Tiffany Wee, Melvin Gallu, Keith Hwam & Kevin Lee.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.