$BTC 24 Hour High $19,700 / Low $19,450 | $BTC -1.4% Past 24 hours; +1.2% Past 7 days
Crypto markets sailed through another quiet weekend. Market news is dull; US authorities launched investigations into Three Arrows Capital. All eyes on Aptos (APT) listing today as it is widely regarded as the “Solana killer” layer-1 solution.
Macro, Equities & Commodities
Asia markets look to have a mixed start even after US equity markets had the first back-to-back gains in two weeks. Better than expected earnings as well as UK back-peddling on their new policy help supporting the market sentiments. Deutsche Bank’s headquarters is raided by German authorities in tax investigations. The US is committed to release 15 million barrels of oil from emergency reserves, and may consider releasing more this winter.
Digital Assets Market
- Total crypto market capitalization stands at $964 Billion, -1.4% from yesterday
- $BTC is -0.23% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 18.78M, +0.0086%
- $ETH is -0.10% at time of writing; 24H liquidations and funding rates: 15.39M, +0.0035%
- Stablecoins market dominance: USDT 46.58%; USDC 30.32%; BUSD 14.72%; DAI 4.08%
Alts and DeFi watch
- DeFi TVL: $53.47B (-0.03% over last 24 hours)
- $SOL -4.3% in the last 24 hours, -2.3% in the past week
- $SHIB -3.2% in the last 24 hours, -1.0% in the past week
- $ADA -3.3% in the last 24 hours, -7.6% in the past week
- $ENJ -1.4% in the last 24 hours, +1.7% in the past week
More news that caught our eye
- Hacker steals $1 million from BitKeep’s token swap service
- Bitcoin Whale Moves $940,032,000 in BTC Out of Coinbase Pro As Crypto Markets Consolidate
- IRS Expands Key US Tax Language to Include NFTs
- Ethereum launches testnet for Shanghai upgrade
- NFT project Azuki launches Physical Backed Token
OSL Trader View is contributed by Hans-Stefan von Haenisch, Ethan Fu, Tiffany Wee, Melvin Gallu, Keith Hwam & Kevin Lee.
OSL is Asia’s most comprehensive digital asset platform providing brokerage, exchange, software-as-a-service and insured custody solutions to professional investors.
Home to one of the world’s largest and most experienced digital asset trading desks, OSL has its finger on the pulse of the market. The Trader View newsletter is a short, easily digested summary of market activity and eye-catching news of the day.
Feedback is important to us, and we’re keen to learn more about the types of insights and intelligence that matter to you most. Please share your thoughts with us.
And be sure not to miss future OSL news and insights by following us on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and Telegram.Please refer to OSL’s relevant disclaimers and disclosures associated with this note, including restrictions on redistribution.